7 Layer Salad
Ingredients for this easy 7 Layer Salad.
• 12 slices of lean bacon.
• 1 large iceberg heart lettuce - washed, dried, and roughly chopped.
• 1 large red onion, peeled and chopped fine.
• 1 (8 ozs) package frozen green peas, thawed.
• 8 oozes shredded Cheddar cheese.
• 1 cup chopped cauliflower florets.
• 1 1/2 cup light mayonnaise.
• 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar.
1 small tin of pineapple chunks.
• 120 grams grated mature Parmesan cheese.
Directions for this delicios layered salad
1. Place bacon in a large, deep frying pan.
Fry the bacon over medium high heat until evenly brown and crispy.
Crumble and set aside on a plate and cover.
Place into a large serving dish,first the lettuce then top this with a layers of onion, peas, shredded cheddar cheese, cauliflower and then the crumbled bacon.
3. Whisk together the mayonnaise mixing in the sugar and the Parmesan sparingly and gently so as not to form lumps.
4. Pour your dressing contents over the layers of salad in the serving dish.
Finally sprinkle and set the pineapple chucks into the top layer and chill down in the refrigerate for at least an hour before serving this healthy and tasty dish.
Enjoy this tasty layered salad dish,you can vary the ingredients as you wish, see our further salad recipes.