Easy Cod Fish Cakes
These easy cod fishcakes are so simple
to prepare and quick to make and you can use any fish dinner leftovers along with any leftover
potato or vegetables. They are ideal for preparing in advance and
freezing,just the job for impromptu suppers or quick meals for hungry folks young and not so young.
Always check the for correct
Easy Cod Fish Cakes, Chef Best Tips
- Try using a mixture of Cod with other fish, crab or prawns
are excellent partners
- You could use wholemeal bread crumbs to make a higher fibre,
slightly denser fish cake.
Easy Cod Fish Cakes
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and
- 450g cod fillets, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons oil for frying
- Place the potatoes in a large pot
of water, bring the water to the boil. Let the potatoes cook until
they are almost tender.
- Add the fish to the pot and let
the fish and potatoes cook until they are both soft. Drain well and
transfer the potatoes and fish to a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, onion, parsley and egg
to the bowl; mash the mixture together. Mold the mixture into fish
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Fry
the fish cakes on both sides until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen
roll before serving.
Try an Alternatives to cod:
Try this recipe with inexpensive fresh Coley . Which belongs to
the cod family can be much much cheaper and available in larger
supermarkets or fishmongers.
Easy Cod Fish Cakes with Tuna
Yield 6-8 Fish cakes
- 330 g Tuna, cooked and flaked
- 370 g Cod, cooked and flaked
- 1 stick celery, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced (about
- 3 Shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely
- 2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 medium eggs
or 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup Breadcrumbs,
- Mayonnaise Sauce.(See Below)
- Combine all the ingredients
together in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Fish Cakes.
- In a large bowl combine all the
ingredients down to the breadcrumbs, the mix to bind ingredients
- Shape into round patties, you will
get about 6 large or 8 medium patties from this.
- Pour more breadcrumbs onto a
plate, coat the outside of each pattie breadcrumbs.
- Heat a little oil in a pan, add
patties and cook both sides, until browned and crisp on the outside.
- Serve with a fresh green salad or crunchy cooked green
Easy Cod Fish Cakes with Mayonnaise Sauce
- 3 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons creamy mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
Leaner Easy Cod Fish Cakes.
These fish cakes are an ideal quick dinner or supper.
All you need is some left over cooked fish,or a tin of fish some
onions or spring onions, seasoning and any potatoes ( we have used a
mixture of sweet and ordinary white potatoes for this recipe).
200grams of Cod fish, tinned or left over cooked fish
onion chopped fine
2 large sweet potatoes
1large ordinary potato
1 cup dried bread crumbs
season fresh black pepper and a
1 Boil the potatoes and then mashed almost smooth
2 Fry the
3 Add the fish and combine with the mash
4Season with salt and
black pepper add some Tabasco or a little chilli powder for that
extra zing optional)
5 Mould the mixture and make into round
6 Coat the fish cakes in a little light fry liquid
7Add the dried bread crumbs all over completely
8 Fry the
cakes to brown on both sides (using fry light not oil)
with a big fresh mixed salad or crunchy cooked green vegetables.