Converting a simple apple to make your imagination become a reality, seriously luscious, so easy and so quick,this lust after taste experience can be a habit.
Making a simple apple into an appetite craving desert this is really a kind of magic.
Pastry can be bought or made it is a personal choice some of the store bought are excellent, I use both depending on just how much time I have.
Ingredients for this Baked Apple Dumplings recipe.
PASTRY (Home Made)
Ingredients Sauce/Syrup for this baked Apple Dumplings Recipe
• • • APPLES some prefer a red eater some prefer granny smith, both do the job well.
Directions for this Apple Dumplings Recipe.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, water, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
3. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and stir in 3 tablespoons butter the add the teaspoon of vanilla stirring in gently, then set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Add in shortening, using a knife or use a blender, mix until the ingredients shape into a rough crumbs substance.
6. Pour in milk, all at once, and stir to form large smooth dough (free of any lumps).
7. Sprinkle a little flour on to a flat rolling surface and a little on the dough ball before rolling the dough ball into a rectangle just over 14x20 inches this will make your pastry about 3/16 thick continue to sprinkle a little flour as the dough ball expands into a flat sheet that does not stick to the rolling surface.
8. Cut and divide your pastry into six rectangles.
9. Place one half an apple on to the centre of a square of pastry the add a little sugar into the core centre before seal the two halves together.
10. Pour over each apple a teaspoon of two of the boiled liquid containing the mixture of the of sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and vanilla.
11. Moisten the edges of each pastry square before, lifting and drawing the corners together at the top of the apple, and press edges tightly together to seal each dumpling.
12. Place each dumpling carefully into baking tray allowing a 1 inch space between for any expansion without each touching.
13. Pour the liquid syrup over each of your dumplings.
14. Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, you can check when the pastry is golden brow they will cooked and ready, but wait for up to 10 minutes to let them cool off, remember straight from the oven, they are very hot (be safe not sorry).
15. Ice cream is the best extra, just a quality a cream rich variety.