Make It Yourself Stocks is so easy to make your own Homade stocks for soups, broths and stews easy just follows these directions.
• Homemade stocks are a great thing to have on hand for soups and stews and are far more tasty than those you buy in.
• Just use your leftover chicken bones and carrots and celery stalks.
• Any vegetables left around root vegetables peeled and diced.
• 2 carrots. • 3 sticks.. • 2 medium onions peeled and sliced • 1 bay leaf. • 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs. • 1 teaspoon cracked peppercorns.
• Take the carcass of your chicken meal; break up some of the chicken bones.
• Chop the carrots into chunks.
• Chop the celery into large pieces, peel and chop up the onions.
• Put all the ingredients in a slow cooker.
• Most sizes will do, but preferably at least 4 quarts.
• Fill the Crockpot 3/4 full with water, cover, and then set for 8-9 hours on low.
• After cooking has been completed you can taste and add more seasoning.
• Strain out the meat and vegetables if you wish and use a kitchen blender to pulp the contents and add them back to the pan.
• Chill the stock in the fridge overnight to let any fat rise and solidify then skims off any excess fat.
• Remember to label, date and portion before you freeze them.