Corn Chowder Soup
Corn Chowder soup
The welcome aroma of this great winter warmer to greet you arriving home the first smell of the appetizing bouquet of odours of onions bacon merging will lift most peoples spirits after a tiring day.
This slow cooked adapted gem of avey old recipe that was pencil written and loose in an ancient recipe book on Homestead cooking.
• 2 x 400g cans (14.5oz each) chicken broth.
• • 4 med potatoes, diced into ½ inch squares.
• 1 red bell pepper, diced small.
• 2 onions peeled and diced small.
• 2 stalks of celery, sliced ¼ inch thick.
• ½4teaspoon salt.
• ½ teaspoon(fresh ground black pepper).
• 3 tbsp of chopped parsley for garnish.
• ¼ teaspoon ground coriander.
• 60 ml or cup of thick cream.
• 8 rashers rind less bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled..
Directions for Corn Chowder Soup:
1. Fry the bacon first and set it aside on to cool before crumbling the bacon.
2. Add to the frying pan and return it to the heat the onions, bell pepper pieces,celery and spices into the hot bacon fat in the pan and saute them, stirring occasionally, until the onions are transparent.
Transfer the contents to the slow cooker or crockpot, making sure to get all those tasty bits and toasted spices are scraped from the pan.
4. Add the chicken broth, corn, diced potatoes and half the crumbled bacon bits, stir to combine the contents.
5. Put the lid on the Slow Cooker or Crock Pot and cook on a low heat 7to 8 hours.
6. Remove the lid and turn crock pot heat to high and bring to boil.
7. Add water, chicken stock, or more chicken broth if you require more liquid in the pot.
8. Mash some pieces in the soup, but not all of it as you still need whole pieces along with a thicker broth.
9. Add in the heavy cream and parsley then stir well. 10. Heat to just boiling in the uncovered pan.
11. Serve into deep soup bowls and garnish by sprinkling the rest of the crumbled bacon on top.
12. Serves 4to 6 persons.
Everyone loves a good corn chowder,you add other ingredients to personalise your own recipe and sent it to us to let others experience the best Corn Chowders.