Easy Vegetable Soup Recipes.Try Leek and Potato Soup
Easy Vegetable Soup Recipes.Try this Hearty Leek & Potato Soup
This leek and potato soup is one of the simplest,but most tasty, hearty winter warmers,and so cheap to make. This smooth, creamy vegetable soup is so full of flavour. Make it into a meal with plenty of crusty bread rolls and butter.
Prep time: 10 mins Cooking time: 30 – 40 mins
Easy Vegetable Soup Recipes.Ingredients for Leek and Potato Soup:
1.2 litres/2 pints of vegetable stock 2 cubes for vegetarians or for chicken soup, 2 chick stock cubes both taste delicious!!
2 tablespoons of olive.
Salt and fresh ground black pepper.
4 medium sized leeks chopped into cubes.
2 medium potatoes chopped into cubes.
1 med size red onion sliced fine.
150ml/3fl oz. thick cream or crème fraiche.
1 garlic clove crushed or minced.
A little fresh green herbs parsley,chives or mint to decorate your soup before you serve.
Directions after you have cleaned, peeled and washed the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the potatoes, onions and leeks.
- Cook for 4/5 minutes stirring frequently until the veg start to soften.
- Add in the vegetable stock and bring the contents to the boil.
- Stir in the garlic, and season with the fresh pepper and a little salt you can always add more later.
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender.
- Pout the contents into your food processor or hand blender and whizz until smooth.
- Separate the soup you are saving and pour into air tight containers ready to freeze when cooled down.
- Return the contents you are going to eat into a clean pan and reheat stirring in 2/3 of the cream and pour into your serving bowls.
- Pour in swirls the remaining cream and serve with your crusty bread rolls and butter or veggie spread.
- Prep time: 10 mins. Cooking time: 30 – 35 mins.
- Items you’ll need: A large pan, Sharp knife, Table spoon, Hand blender or food processor.
Return from this Easy Vegetable Soup Recipes. Leek and Potato Soup Page to Easy Special Health Recipes