Hamburger Crockpot Recipes
Hamburger crockpot recipes.
This recipe using the economy minced beef, it is best slow cooked to bring out all the flavour of the meat, the taste is tremendous resulting in this cheap meal that tastes like a very expensive casserole.
Crockpot Hamburger Casserole.
• 4 large potatoes, sliced thick.
• 2-3 medium carrots, sliced thick.
• 1x 400 gram can peas, well drained.
• 3 medium onions, chopped fine.
. 4 large tomatoes sliced thick
• 2 stalks celery, chopped thick
• 1 tsp. of mixed dried herbs
• 1 pint of beef stock.
• 2 lb. lean minced beef, browned.
• 1-10 oz. can tomato soup.
Directions for hamburger crockpot recipes and how to make it
• First place the meat in a pan on a medium heat add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and mix with the meat and cook lightly until it is all just brown,take out half and cover then set aside.
• Mix soup and stock in a bowl then set that aside.
• Layer half of all rest of ingredients into slow-cookern, seasoning the layers with salt and fresh ground pepper as required.
Layer half the meat on top of the layer of vegetables then another layer of meat and again a layer of vegetables, seasoning as desired
• Pour soup and stock mixture gently over ingredients. • • Cover and set on low heat for 6 to 8 hours. • . • You can add any further vegetables that are seasonally available if you want. • • Optional for added flavour 1 cup of mixed dried mushrooms ...
When you arrive home to this is the most welcoming aroma to greet you.
Serves 4 persons
Fresh crusty bread rolls go well with this meal