Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
Tater tot casserole recipe.
What an appetite teaser. Tater Tot Casserole recipe,this easy hashbrown casserole recipe is a winner to serve any time.
It is another almost unique method to use a hash brown recipe that you can adapt for yourself,we have listed below various suggestions of how with and recipe,and the hints and tips are listed below show how innovation used offcuts which were once wasted then became a much sought after food products.
Tater Tots Info, a commercial form of hash browns used as a side-dish and made from deep-fried, grated potatoes.
Commonly found in the U.S. in cafeterias and school lunch-counters, as well as in many of your local supermarket frozen food aisles and some fast food restaurants. In Australia, they are known as "potato gems", "potato royals" or "potato pom-poms",in the UK, they are sometimes called oven crunches.
Originally developed from the bits of potatoes left over during the chipping process for fries, these bits of potato are now very popular and made by many different manufacturers under different names, and are made in may various shapes and smaller sizes.
These crispy scraps have become big business as side orders for various dishes with chilli and other various sauces including cheese sauce and topped with melted cheese.
They form the basis of many very easy and quick meals and,well liked trendy casseroles that benefit from this crunchy base.
Simple very tasty tater tot casserole recipe meals can be prepared in minutes are among the most popular easy meals see our Hash Brown recipes for some great simple ideas using these as a starting point and adding your variations or whatever you have left in your cupboard, they are easily adapted by introducing more ingredients like peas or red and green peppers practically most vegetables can be added to personalize a recipe.
This is ground beef and onions covered with tater tots, creamy mushroom soup and shredded Cheddar cheese. Even picky eaters love it!"
Ingredients for this tater tot casserole recipe using ground meat but a vegetarian version using small cubes of dry or stale bread is amongst the hints and tips at the end of this recipe.
Ingredients for this Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
• 1 lbs. (455 g) ground beef.
• 1 onion, chopped.
• salt and pepper to taste.
• 1 lbs.(448 g) frozen tater tots, break into smaller manageable pieces.
• 1 10.75 ounce (225g) Small can condensed cream of mushroom soup.
• 120 ml milk.
• 2 cups (225 g) shredded Cheddar cheese.
• ½ cup (120g) of ground or grated Parmesan cheese.
Directions for this tater tot casserole recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large frying pan/skillet on a medium-high heat, introduce to the pan the ground beef with the onions and stir and fry until the meat just brown and the onions just cooked through.
3. Drain off all excess fat, and add in the salt and pepper season to taste.
4. Spread the beef mixture evenly over the bottom of a large (about 13x9 inch oven casserole dish.
5. Arrange tater tots evenly over beef layer.
6. In a bowl, stir the soup and the milk together until the mixture is smooth.
7. Pour the combined mix over tater tots and beef layers.
8. Gently spoon and sprinkle 1cup or half Cheddar cheese evenly over the top of the liquid and allow the cheese to settle for a couple of minutes.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and turn slightly brown.
10. Take out and add the remaining cheese to the top of cooking cheese then spoon and sprinkle over the Parmesan cheese.
11. Return the dish to the oven for a final 10 minutes or until the surface turns to a crispy golden brown.
Serve straight from the casserole dish,warm crusty bread is a great extra for this meal.
Optional Hints and Tips you can add to the soup and milk mixture many optional extra different other vegetables like beans,corn,cooked peas, green beans or mixed frozen vegetables as you require they will add that extra flavour to this already very tasty easy meal.
1 For a vegetarian recipe oven dry in a 4 cups of small 1/2 inch cubes of bread without crusts.
2 Replace the ground meat for the bread cubes and continue with the original recipe.to add more variations you can add the bread cubes on top of the first layer of cheese pressing them well down into the cheese and milk mix cooking as the recipes before adding the final cheese layer and finishing off the dish in the oven.