Apple Dumpling Desserts
Apple Dumpling desserts
Converting a simple apple to make your imagination become a reality, seriously luscious, so easy and so quick,this lust after taste experience can be a habit.
Pastry can be bought or made it is a personal choice some of the store bought are excellent, I use both depending on just how much time I have.
Make Your Own PASTRY for this Apple Dumpling Desserts recipe.
• 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour.
• 2 teaspoons baking powder.
• 1 teaspoon salt.
• 2/3 cup shortening.
• 1/2 cup full milk.
Ingredients Sauce/Syrup for this Apple Dumpling Deserts recipe.
• 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, white will do but brown add more depth to the taste.
• 2 cups water.
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
• 1 teaspoon vanilla.
• 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
• 3 tablespoons butter.
• • • When choosing for this Apple Dumpling Desserts some prefer a red eater some prefer granny smith, both do the job well,and try to choose all your apples the same size.
• Prepare your apples and quickly ad them into a bowl of ice water add ice and try to keep the apples under water to stop any browning before cooking.
• 6 apples, peeled and cored, and cut each in half.
• 6 teaspoons brown natural sugar.
• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon.
• 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg.
• 6 tablespoons butter.
• 1 pack frozen mixed fruits take 1 tablespoon for each dumpling defrost to use as garnish.
• 12 fresh mint leaves for garnish.
Directions for this Apple Dumpling Desserts recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, water, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.
3. Bring to a boil, remove from heat and stir in 3 tablespoons butter the add the teaspoon of vanilla stirring in gently, then set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Add in shortening, using a knife or use a blender, mix until the ingredients shape into a coarse crumbs substance 6. Pour in milk, all at once, and stir to form large smooth dough (free of any lumps).
7. Sprinkle a little flour on to a flat rolling surface and a little on the dough ball before rolling the dough ball into a rectangle just over 14x20 inches this will make your pastry about 3/16 thick continue to sprinkle a little flour as the dough ball expands into a flat sheet that does not stick to the rolling surface.
8. Cut and divide your pastry into six rectangles.
9. Place one half an apple on to the centre of a square of pastry the add a little sugar into the core centre before seal the two halves together.
10. Pour over each apple a teaspoon of two of the boiled liquid containing the mixture of the of sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
11. Moisten the edges of each pastry square before, lifting and drawing the corners together at the top of the apple, and press edges tightly together to seal each dumpling.
12. Place each dumpling carefully into baking tray allowing a 1 inch space between for any expansion without each touching.
14. Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, you can check when the pastry is golden brow they will cooked and ready, but wait for up to 10 minutes to let them cool off, remember straight from the oven, they are very hot (take care).
15. Garnish each dumpling with a tablespoon of mixed fruit and juice if any.
16. Serve with a generous scoup of Vanilla ice cream is the best extra, just a quality a cream rich variety.
17. Garnish with a couple of fresh mint leaves and serve.