Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe.
Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe
If you are considering using this cabbage soup diet recipe as part of a diet plan, please check first with a medical advisor that you are medically able to participate in any diet regime first.
There is some evidence that weight loss due to the use of this strategy is mainly fluid loss not fat loss and cannot be a permanent weight loss.
• 6 large green onions sliced. .
• 2 green peppers diced.
• 2 14 oz cans of tomatoes (diced or whole).
• 1 bunch celery chopped fine.
• 1/2 large head white cabbage or a small white cabbage finely shredded.
• 1 package dry onion soup mix.
• 2 crushed cloves of garlic or 1 tsp or garlic powder.
• 4 tbsp of soy sauce.
• 3 litres of water.
• Salt ,pepper, seasoning to taste.
• 2 cubes bouillon or 2 stock cubes either chicken or beef (optional).
Spray a large pot with cooking spray then sauté all vegetables except cabbage and tomatoes until they are tender.
Preheat the slow cooker on HIGH
Add in the cabbage and all the ingredients along with the water.
Add in bouillon/stock cubes with the soup mix, and seasonings.
Bring to boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Fix the lid to the cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
To make the recipe more varied and interesting you can make this as a base soup and then add herbs or curry powder each day for different flavours.
An Extra Tip is to freeze this in portion in heavy duty freezer bags or plastic containers making sure to label and date them for further instructions see some of our other recipe pages.