Corn Chowder Soup Recipes
Try this Easy Corn Chowder Soup recipes.
Try this Slow Cooker Delicious Soup Recipe.
The classic all American meal,a hearty soup recipe to warm every family on the go. This recipe is made even easier if you can use,or make it in a Crockpot or slow cooker.
With Corn Chowder Soup recipes many have fond memories this favourite soup from childhood memories of arriving home cold and hungry to this wonderful aroma greeting you and a great big bowl,of this delicious of hot tasty and comforting food.
It’s is good anytime, but mostly after being cold and wet.
Just a few quick stirs with a frying pan and all the rest is up to the slow cooking it’s so easy.
Ingredients for this first one of our corn chowder soup recipes
• 2 cans (14.5oz each) chicken broth.
• 3x 285gram cans corn or bag thawed frozen corn.
• 5 med roasting potatoes, diced into ½ inch squares.
• 1 red bell pepper, diced.
• 2 Litre (3 1/2pints) of chicken cube stock.
• 3 medium onions, sliced thin.
• 2 leaks chopped.
• 2 stalks of celery, sliced ¼ inch thick.
• salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste.
• ¼ teaspoon ground coriander.
• 2 cups pouring cream.
• 1 1/2lbs thick cut bacon/ham,cooked crisp and crumbled into small pieces about 1/2inch.
Directions for corn chowder soup recipes:
1. Fry the bacon or ham first and set it aside.
2. Allow it to cool before crumbling into small bits.
3. Into the pan with the bacon fat add the onions and cook until they start to brown and caramelise.
4. Then add in the diced bell pepper, spices, and potatoes along with the celery and the chopped leak pieces stirring gently as they soften and sauté.
5. Transfer all the mixture to the crock pot, making sure to get scrape all those tasty bits and toasted spices from the base of the pan.
6. Stir all the content well together.
7. Place and secure the slow cooker or pan lid and cook on low heat 7 to 8 hours, (all night).
8. Place the cooker into the fridge when it is cool until you are ready to cook further.
9. Remove the lid and turn crock pot on high when you are ready to complete the cooking.
10. Strain out half of the content s and mash or liquidise this but not all of it, you still want plenty of whole pieces along with your thicker soup for this chowder, stir well.
11. Add the pouring cream and stir in gently until it is completely combined.
12. To thicken chowder if you feel you would like it thicker,make a roux with of 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of flour and add this to your chowder, and mix in completely.
13. Heat uncovered pan until thoroughly hot.
14. Dish into soup bowls and garnish by sprinkling the rest of the crumbled bacon on top.
As mentioned before, everyone loves good corn chowder.
Add other ingredients and make it your own personal recipe, too.
This recipe will give you 6 to 8 big portions.
Cooking utensils you will need ready to use.
Slow Cooker or Crockpot.
A large frying pan.
Small sharp knife for dicing.
Potato masher or liquidizer.
Measuring spoons. Wooden spatular for sraping.
These are the cooking utensils you will need ready to use: Chowders, stews and thick casserole hearty soups have been basic meals since farmers have been working the fields,they used to grow all their own produce,vegetables and raise cows, pigs and chickens.
It was normal to have pot of stew or soups always at the ready,chowders were made with stored corn onions and anything that was in season along with available meat protein.
Try this our second and low fat recipe.
Corn Chowder: Low Fat Version
Turkey and chicken can be substituted for pork bacon, but the meat has to be cooked through pan fried in small chunks and fried until crisp and brown but not burnt.
Canola oil can be exchanged for the butter. skimmed milk can be substituted for the cream.