Corned Beef hash
Ingredients for this corned beef hash dish.
Serves 4 persons.
• 275g/10oz potatoes peeled, cut into tiny ½”cubes.
• 4 tbsp oil.
• 2 med onion, finely sliced.
• 225g/8oz canned corned beef,cut into cubes.
• 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce.
• 2 level tsp wholegrain mustard.
• ½ tsp salt.
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste.
• 25g/1oz butter.
Directions for this beef topped with crispy potatoes.
1. Add the cubed potatoes into a pan of boiling salted water and par boil for about three to four minutes or until still solid but par boiled.
2. Into a preheated large frying pan add two tablespoons of the oil,stir and fry the onions with garlic for 5-6 minutes or lightly golden.
3. Pour the mixture of garlic and onions into a large bowl and mix in the corned beef, along with Worcestershire sauce, and mustard.
4. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and combine the contents.
5. Transfer this mixture to an oven proof dish.
6 Pour the diced par boiled potatoes into the frying pan and add in the remaining olive and stir until the oil has coated the potatoes,then fry and stir until all the potato cubes are a light golden.
6. Turn on the grill to preheat to high.
7. Spoon the golden pieces of potato from the pan to cover on the top of the corned beef mixture in the oven proof dish, then place under the grill for 4-6 minutes, or until crisp and golden-brown.
8. To serve, divide the corned beef hash among four serving plates.
Options for this dish.
A poached or fried egg on top of this corned beef hash is an ideal accompaniment this very tasty dish.
In addition you can serve this with some sliced boiled carrots, boiled cabbage, broccoli. peas or fresh chopped bell peppers to add the extra flavour dimensions and the fresh vegetables content this meal.