Diabetic Fruit Cookies Crunchy Packed with Taste and Flavour.
Diabetic Fruit Cookies.
With Type2 Diabetes it is easier to balance the sweet things you may eat these fruit cookies with no added sugar are so crunchy,exploding with packed in taste and fruit flavours you'd never guess there is no added sugar.
When you come across a great Sugar free Cookie recipe it can be of great help to a person with diabetes of any sugar related dietary difficulty, sugar free cookies that are tasty, crunchy and satisfying are a great find like this easy recipe.
Having an easy recipe at hand for making these simple delights can help make a difference for all those looking for that every day feel good factor or just something to look forward to when having a break.
This versatile recipe can be adapted by varying some ingredients and adding other items,for example you could be to add some raisins instead of sultanas, there are many fruits you can chop up small and add to this easy recipe.
Healthy Diabetic Cookies.
(Note this easy recipe is so versatile and adaptable you can substitute most of these fruits and nuts to others you prefer or even add chopped chocolate chips.)
Ingredients for Diabetic Fruit Cookies recipe.
1 cup sultanas.
1/2 cup dates (chopped fine.)
1/2 cup dried apricots (chopped fine)
1/2 cup margarine.
1 cup water.
2 eggs beaten.
2 teaspoon artificial sweetener.
1 cup flour.
3/4 cup chopped walnuts.
1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
1 teaspoon baking soda.
Directions for this Diabetic Fruit Cookies recipe.
1. Mix together the artificial sweetener and margarine into a cream.
2. Beat in the egg, water and the vanilla extract.
3. Combine together the flour; salt and baking soda sift into a large bowl.
4. Add in all the dry ingredients slowly into the creamed mixture, stir and blend thoroughly.
5. Scoop tablespoons of the mix and drop onto greased baking sheets on oven baking tray,then flatten to between 1/8 to1/4 of an inch in thickness.
6. Cookies should have over 11/2inches space between to allow for any expansion.
7. Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 7 to 10 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown colour.
8. Take from the oven and allow cooling down before eating these firms up your cookies.
9. Store your cookies in an air tight container.
Try this Sugar Free Cookie Treat