Easy Spicy Fish Cakes
Easy Spicy Fish Cakes and Thai Fish Cakes
Creating special exciting food
Easy Spicy Fish Cakes with a taste of the exotic, by adding just a few
Indian herbs or spices you can transform your easy spicy fish cake dish
into a gastronomic explosion of exciting tastes and flavors to create the exceptional
great easy meal for all to enjoy.
Prep: 20 mins Cooking time : 6 mins Skill Required Easy
Ingredients for Spicy Fish Cakes
- 600g potatoes, quartered if large
- 1-2 red pepper chopped into 1-4 inch pieces
- 1-2 green pepper chopped rough
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, minus any seeds and
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g cooked leftover fish, flaked
or cut into medium size or large pieces
- plain flour, for dusting and
- 25g butter and 1 tbsp sunflower
- leftover avocado mayo, parsley sauce or mango chutney, to
- Directions for Easy Spicy Fish Cakes
- Boil the potatoes. In the meantime, dry-fry the cumin seeds
for a couple of just a few in a large non-stick frying pan.
- When soft, drain the potatoes, return to the saucepan, add
the cumin, onions, peppers,chilli and coriander seasoning with plenty of
fresh black pepper and a little salt (you can always add more
later), then mash and combine together well.
- When cooled down a little until just warm, beat in 2 tbsp of
the egg, then carefully stir through your fish.
- Roll into 4 equal balls then gently press and squash down
into 4 equally thick round cakes,
- Then carefully dust each in a coating of flour.
- Many far seeing cooks,double the ingredients quantity to
freeze for later use,when freezing, lay out onto a baking sheet
cover top and bottom and freeze until solid. A useful tip is to pack
- Once freezing is completed Bag and Mark your contents not
forgetting the all important date of freezing.
- Do not store for longer than a couple of moths to avoid loss
- In the frying pan, add 1tablespoon of frying oil.
- Fry the
cakes for about 2 minutes each side until golden.
- Serve with the
mayo, (recipe below) or mango chutney and some salad leaves.
- Tip Try this Simple Easy to make Sauce.
- Indian yoghurt based Raita sauce
Mix 150g pot natural yoghurt with 1 tsp mint jelly, 1
Tbsp chopped coriander,mix together and season to taste.
Try this easy Sweet Chilli Sauce
Ingredients for your Easy Sweet chilli sauce
- 5 tsp white rice vinegar
- 85g granulated sugar
- 3 fat red chillies
- For the chilli sauce, place the vinegar, sugar, 2 tbsp water
and the whole chillies in a small saucepan,
- Then bring to the boil.
Simmer for 15 mins, then remove from the heat. Place in a food
processor and blend until smooth.
- Strain, saving 1 tsp chilli, then
stir in the saved chilli and leave to cool. Will keep in the fridge
for up to 1 week.
- Serve the chilli sauce, with small chunks of cucumber
Return to More Easy Fish Cake Ideas
Return to Home page and Index Pages