Easy Breakfast Casserole
This meal can sustain high energy levels and is an ideal breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even a supper, with plenty of calories, protein and carbohydrate to satisfy your hunger and sustain your high energy levels.
Try this Easy Breakfast Casserole idea.
Are you fed up with the same daily breakfast? Any diabetic breakfast menu should contain a balance of protein and carbs like this simple great dish.
Check this wonderful easy tasty pan casserole meal.
This is a power packed meal, ideal breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even a supper, with enough calories, protein and carbohydrate to satisfy your hunger and sustain your high energy levels.
• 1 tbsp olive oil.
• 400g courgettes (about 3 medium size ones), chopped into small chunks.
• 200g pack cherry tomatoes,cut in half.
• 1 garlic clove crushed.
• ½ tsp mixed dried herbs.
• 2 eggs.
• 70 grams of shredded mature cheddar.
• 6 basil leaves.
It is suitable for almost everyone who wants a nourishing meal of with this fresh and easy vegetarian supper, or brunch if you prefer.
As an alternative to cheese you can couple of teaspoons of pesto into the pan before adding the eggs.
Preparation time minimal 5 mins.
Cooking time 12/15 mins.
Vegetarian or type 2 diabetes.
Directions For this easy breakfast casserole.
1. First heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan, then add the chopped courgettes.
2. Fry these stirring every so often until they start to soften usually for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, cheese and garlic stir and mix gently to combine the ingredients, and then cook for a few mins more.
4. Stir in a little some freshly ground black pepper and a little salt.
5. Make two gaps in the mixture (space for the eggs), crack in the eggs into the spaces, then cover the pan with a lid or a covering with kitchen foil.
6. Cook for 2-3 mins until the eggs are done cooked as you require liking.
7. Sprinkle over basil leaves and serve with warm fresh crusty bread.
8. Serves 2 persons.
Make this for Brunch,Lunch or Supper.
Replace the garlic and courgettes with some chopped fried mushrooms and a couple of rashers of fried crisp lean bacon and you have a variation of the full all day English breakfast.