Try this favorite of mine
Easy Chicken Casserole For Diabetics & Reversal. This Easy Chicken Casserole, with Tomato and, Mushroom just a little Red Wine for the gravy. Add a selection of roasted Onions,mixed Peppers and Squash then some steamed Courgettes and Broccoli for this magnificent dinner.
It has everything you need for a healthy balanced meal to help you reverse diabetes.
Is it easy to make? Yes, does it need a little preparation? Yes.
But its well worth your effort
All the top easy chicken recipes are simple to prepare and so healthy and tasty to eat.
Try this easy Roast chicken with steamed fresh veg with Broccoli, Sprout, Baby Carrots, Baked Peppers with a Cauliflower and Cheese Sauce dinner this delicious fabulous tasty meal.
This meal has been successfully put together for those on the journey to reverse T2d with all the requirements for type 2 diabetics changing to this very healthy food management program.
This Easy Slow Cooking to extracts all the flavours from the chicken and vegetables to merge and make this wonderful tasty meal you will be proud to serve.
Add this great dinner to your Diabetes Reversal Program menu
1 tsp olive oil.
8 chicken legs.
1 onion, chopped.
2 garlic cloves, crushed.
100g mixed dried mushrooms. or 200g of any fresh mushrooms.
225ml red wine.
1x 400gram tin chopped tomatoes.
2 tbsp tomato puree.
3 thyme of sprigs.
500ml of chicken stock.
Salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Direction for cooking this chicken casserole.
Heat the oil and half the butter in a large lidded casserole.
Cut the chicken in 8 pieces, season with salt and pepper.
Fry the Chicken pieces in the open casserole dish turning them for about 6/8 minutes until they are golden brown.
Take out the Chicken pieces and set them on a plate on one side.
1. Put the rest of the butter into the empty casserole dish and. add the onion, fry them for about 4/ 5 mins until turning brown and soft.
2. Add garlic in, cook for a further about 1 min, before adding the mushrooms, then the red wine and the chopped tomatoes.
3. Stir in the tomato puree, and pour over the chicken stock.
4. Bring the contents to the boil and stir gently for 2 minutes.
5. Add the 8 Chicken pieces into the pan, add in the thyme, then cover the casserole dish with its secure lid,then simmer on a low heat for about 1 hr stirring occasionally until the chicken is very tender.
6. Remove the chicken from the pan and keep it hot.
7. Bring the contents to boil down the sauce for 12 mins or so until it has been reduced and the flavour is more concentrated.
8. Put the chicken legs back into the sauce and serve.
For 4 persons.
To personalize this recipe you can add your own choice of vegetables which will vary the flavors of this dish.