Ingredients for a simlpe great easy recipe
- 6 tbsp hollandaise sauce.
- 6 large, very fresh eggs.
- 12 slices of good quality honey roast ham,finely sliced.
- 4 English muffins, split in half horizontally.
- a little butter for the muffins.
Preparation/ directions for this super tasty light meal recipe
- Poach the eggs using a poaching pan with hot water.
- Without a poaching unit pan crack each egg into a separate ramekin, carefully slide each egg from each ramekin into simmering pan of water at least 10 cm deep and poach each egg for 3 minutes only.
- When the ham is cooked crispy, keep on a warm plate
- Split muffins and toast untill golden on both sides.
- Now butter the muffins and place them on the baking tray, then top each with equal slices of almost crispy ham.
- Put a poached egg on top of each half of muffin and then spoon over the hollandaise, covering the egg (there should be a little over 1 tablespoon of sauce for each egg).
- Now flash under the grill for just 25-30 seconds the Eggs Benedict, as close to the heat as possible, constanly watch - they need to be tinged golden and no more
- This should just put a golden glaze on the surface of the hollandaise sauce.
- Serve straight away on hot plates.
Return from this Eggs Benedict page to Easy Special Health Recipes