Ham Casserole Recipes
Ham Casserole recipes This is simple to prepare and so very tasty,based on one of our leftover ham recipes and the country ham recipes and incorporating one of our ham and potatoe recipes.These quick baked ham recipes will provide substantial family meals all can enjoy.
5 large or 6 medium baking potatoes.
3 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons of olive oil.
3 tablespoons any plain flour.
1 cup milk.
1/4 teaspoon salt.
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1/4 cup any dry white wine.
1-1/2-lb cooked ham,diced in 1/2 inch cubes.
1 large onion, sliced.
1 cup shredded mature cheddar cheese.
- Peel & slice the potatoes very thinly.Pat dry with paper towels,cover and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large heavy frying pan or skillet saucepan.
- Remove the pan from heat the gently mix to cover in the flour
- Gradually add the milk whisking in milk with the seasoning then return the pan to heat and stir until the mixture has combined and thickened evenly, for about 8/10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat before adding and mixing in the wine.
- Cover and set aside.
- Into a large lightly greased oven proof casserole dish add in layers- half the diced ham then half of the sliced potatoes,then half the onions,spread evenly,half the sauce, and half the cheese.
- Repeat each layer of ingredients,then secure the top to the casserole dish.
- Place the casserole into a preheated 350°F oven and cook for an hour.
- Remove the dish cover first then return the casserole to continue to cook for further 15 minutes.
Garnish this dish with some lightly steamed or boiled just crisp and crunchy vegetables like green beans broccoli or sliced carrots and serve this delicious meal.
Return from this Ham Casserole recipes page to Easy Special Health Recipes