Hash Brown Casserole Recipe
Ingredients for this Hash Brown Casserole recipe.
1. 1 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted.
2. 1 cup water.
3. 2 cups of dried or stale bread in ½ inch cubes.
4. 1-medium size onion diced small.
5. ½ lbs. of pork sausage sliced 1/4 inch slices.
6. 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper.
7. 1/8 tsp. of salt.
8. 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.(saving half a cup for a garnish)
9. 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes.
10. 3 tbsp. of vegetable frying oil.
Directions for this Hash Brown Casserole recipe. 1. Add 2 tbsp. of oil into a frying pan on a med heat then add in the sausage and cook until they just start to crisp then take out and set aside.
2. Add to the frying pan the onions stir and cook until they turn golden brown, then pour away any excess oil squeezing out more further excess oil, before you empty out the onions onto absorbent kitchen roll and cover
In a small saucepan, add the soup, water, and salt and pepper and mix well
4. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until heated and just starts to simmer.
5. Spoon in the 1-1/2 cups of your cheese and stir until melted, then remove from the heat.
6. Into a med size oven casserole dish add the last tbsp. of cooking oil and coat the inside dish wiping out any surplus oil.
7. Add the onions evenly to the base of the oven dish.
8. Pour in the sausage to make another even layer.
9. Add the hash browns evenly.
10. Spoon over the cubes of bread to make this layer.
11. Pour over the contents the mixture of milk water and cheese let this settles a couple of minutes.
12. Bake, uncovered, at 375Ãƒâ€šÃ‚Â° for about 35 minutes until it start to brown and bubble, then take out and carefully sprinkle over the remaining cheese on the surfaces .
13. Return to the dish to the oven for a further 10 minutes of if you prefer you can place the dish under the grill.
14. Some prefer to finish this dish under the grill as you have more direct control of the final appearance of the browning finish.
14 This Hash Brown Casserole recipe.Serves 4 persons.
15. A selection of steamed or boiled vegetables will provide the vitamins and minerals essential to maintain your healthy diet balance.