Hash Brown Potato Casserole, this is one of the easiest casserole dishes to make, simple and natural nutritious ingredients carefully blending flavours produce this wonderful full of taste meal.
Ideal for visiting friends anytime of the day or night,as a staple and filling family meal it is so easy to prepare and make. It costs so very little you can afford it anytime,vary it as you will,adding green vegetables even sausage to top the cheese it is so versatile to keep as a regular recipe.
Making your own grating potatoes and deep frying is not the easiest of cooking tasks to accomplish.
Using commercial frozen product is a much more convenient choice with much less frustration and effort to make yourself.
Ingredients: Hash Brown Casserole.
Directions: for this Hash Brown Potato Casserole.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 9 x 13 (approx) oven casserole dish.
2. Spray dish with light cooking spray.
3. Break up the frozen hash browns into small manageable pieces and layer the base of the dish evenly.
4. Add the onions over the hash browns.
5. Mix in a small bowl the sour cream with the chicken soup to combine them adding the salt and pepper.
6. Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheddar cheese over the onions.
7. Layer the cubes of dried bread evenly over the cheese.
8. Pour over the cubes if bread the soup and sour cream mixture.
9. Gently spoon over the contents the remaining cheese.
10. Place the casserole dish into the preheated oven for about 45 minutes allowing the cheese to bubble to a golden brown and crisp surface.
11. Serve with a selection boiled frozen vegetables and some fresh crusty warm bread.