Leftover Chicken Recipes
Leftover Chicken Recipes.
Ingredients for roast chicken risotto.
• 1 tsp butter.
• • 1 lb roast chicken cut or chopped into strips without skin.
• • 1 med onion , finely sliced then chopped.
• • 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped.
• • 350g risotto rice.
• • 1 large glass med white wine.
• • 1½ pints chicken stock, dissolve 1 cube 1 ½ pints hot water (vegetable stock can be substituted).
• • a large handful frozen peas, defrosted (optional).
• • 1 stick of celery chopped (option).
• • ½ cup fresh parsely.
• 100g freshly grated Parmesan.
Directions for roast chicken risotto.
Making this rich creamy risotto using up left over roast chicken.
Preparation 10 minutes.
Ready in 30 mins.
Directions for this Chicken risotto Recipe.
1. On a medium heat melt a heaped teaspoon of butter in a large pan.
2. Add into the heated butter the chopped onions and garlic and cook until translucent and soft.
3 Spoon in the rice and stir until coated with butter.
4 Add in the chicken then stir.
5 Pour in hot stock mix gently and cook until the stock has evaporated.
6 Add the wine and stir until it that evaporated also.
7 The rice should be creamy but firm to the bite.
8 Sprinkle and stir in the parsley.
9 Stir in the 50grams fresh grated Parmesan.
10 Spoon the remaining parmesan over each portion before serving.
Serve 4 persons.