Lyonnaise Poached Eggs and Bacon Salad
Lyonnaise Poached Egg and Bacon Salad
This is a typical local traditional French salad, named after the city of Lyon in France.
This is our version of this very popular French salad of poached eggs dish, is as follows 2 thick slices of wholemeal bread,to make croutons with, crispy hot bacon, and a freshly poached eggs.
• A bag of fresh leafs and herb mix.
• 5 strips bacon.
• 2 teaspoons finely chopped shallots.
• • 2 slices of French stick I prefer 2 slices of wholemeal bread cut into 1inch pieces.
• • 2 tbsp of butter to make buttered croutons.
• • 2 Poached eggs.
• • 2 Tbsp olive oil.
• • 3 Tbsp wine vinegar (if you can get raspberry vinegar that makes a great tasting difference.)
• • 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard.
• • Salt and pepper to taste.
Method for this salad
Cook the bacon on medium heat until crispy but not overdone, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat; remove any fat with a paper towel.
Toast the 2 slices of bread both sides in the frying pan with the butter on medium to high heat. Until it is a golden brown.
Poach eggs in a poacher or in your own your favourite way.
Layer the your mixed salad then the bacon, shallots, and croutons on your plates.
In a small jar, mix the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour dressing over salad.
Top with the poached egg
Enjoy this simple superb tastysalad dish for two.
Try These Easy Breakfasts Ideas