Discover one of the simplest and one of the most tasty, hearty winter warmers,great to come home to on a cold day and so very cheap and easy to make.
This smooth creamy vegetable soup is so full of flavour, make it into a meal by adding a few fresh crusty bread rolls and a little butter.
Preperation time: 10 mins. Cooking time: 30 – 40 mins.
Directions after you have cleaned, peeled and washed the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the potatoes, onions and leeks.
- Cook for 4/5 minutes stirring frequently until the veg start to soften.
- Add in the vegetable stock and bring the contents to the boil.
- Stir in the garlic, and season with the fresh pepper and a little salt you can always add more later,
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender,
- Pour the contents into your food processor or hand blender and whizz until smooth.
- Separate the soup you are saving and pour into air tight containers ready to freeze when cooled down.
- Return the contents you are going to eat into a clean pan and reheat stirring in 2/3 of the cream and pour into your serving bowls.
- Pour remaining cream over the soup in swirls and serve with your crusty bread rolls and butter or a veggie spread.
Like this recipe? Feel free to share it
If you like this recipe feel free to share it via any of the following social media links. Please also try some of our other great recipes from the sidebar menu.