There are many seafood paella recipes this is one of our favorites,almost any type of fish or shellfish can be added to a paella the flavours can vary but there is one rule that is Not to mix smoked or cured fish.
Seafood Paella Recipes
750g clams or mussels, or a mixture of both.
200 g small peeled prawns.
2 fillets of cod or haddock cut into 1/2inch cubes.
75ml dry white wine..
2 cloves garlic,crushed.
1 tbsp olive oil.
1/2 onions, finely chopped.
2 red peppers, cut into small cubes.
2 medium tomatoes, chopped.
200g paella rice.
500ml hot fish stock.
1/2 tsp saffron.
Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
100g frozen peas.
1 tbsp wine vinegar.
Method for Seafood Paella Recipes.
1. Prepare and put the shellfish in a saucepan with the wine and half the garlic, cover and set over a medium heat.
2. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes or until all the shellfish are open. Discard any that don’t open.
3. Strain out the shellfish and put aside on a warm plate.
4 Add the fish cubes and prawns the cooking liquid and again bring to simmer and cook for 4 minutes strain out the liquid into a separate container to keep in reserve.
5 Add the fish, prawns and shellfish in the pan, cover, while you prepare the rest of the paella.
6. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onions and peppers until soft but not coloured (about 5 minutes.)
7. Add the remaining garlic, cook for 1 minute then stir in the tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes to soften slightly.
8 Add the rice and stir well. Add the stock, reserved cooking liquid, saffron and 1/2 tsp salt and set over a medium heat.
9. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat and gently simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. Add in the peas for the last 10 minutes.
11. Adjust the seasoning to taste then,transfer to a warmed dish, top with the shellfish, drizzle over the vinegar and serve.
12. Serves 4 persons.
Like this recipe? Feel free to share it
If you like this recipe feel free to share it via any of the following social media links. Please also try some of our other great recipes from the sidebar menu.