Tasty Potato Dumplings
Potato Dumplings like this Gnocchi recipe can make an ordinary quick meal into a special dish,it will even add extra dimensions of flavour and taste.
By adding this simple potato dumpling recipe to whole chicken slow cooker recipes or whole chicken crock pot recipes along with some crunchy steam cooked green vegetables to increase the healthy eating aspect to your diet, you make this easy simple dish into a special, but still a quick very enjoyable meal.
Making Home-made Gnocchi is much easier and simple to prepare than you can imagine. My old Gran’s recipe is simple to prepare and truly delicious and of course you can make more or these potato dumplings and freeze some for later.
Making this into just a quick veggy meal is easy,simple and tasty especially if you're in a hurry or short of time.
By adding these small floury potato dumplings (gnocchi) to other meals they enhance the flavours of stews various grills and even used to accompany some soups.
There are so many benefits from these little dumpling delights,they can add more taste and flavour to simple chicken recipes try our money saving leftover chicken recipes,or one of our many chicken breast recipes
• 400g/14oz can chopped tomatoes.
• 1 shallot, finely chopped.
• 1 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped.
• 1sprig or thyme, or a bay leave.
• 1 finely chopped red pepper.
• 60g/2¼oz packet mixed herb salad.
500g/1lb 2oz potatoes (for roasting) peeled and diced small.
. 125grams of shredded cheddar cheese.
. 1 handful fresh basil leaves, finely chopped.
• 200g/7oz plain flour.
• Sea salt.
• Freshly ground black pepper.
Directions for the Gnocchi.
1. Place the tomatoes in a small pan to begin making the sauce, then fill the can halfway with fresh cold water and pour into your pan.
2. Introduce the chopped shallot, garlic, herbs, peppers, before adding a little salt and black pepper to taste, you can add more later.
3. Mix the contents and bring to the boil, and gently simmer gently for about an hour or until the liquid changes to deep dark red and thickens.
4. First boil the potatoes in water for the Gnocchi for about 10-15 minutes or until tender then drain away the water.
5. Mash them using a potato masher of use a processor to mash thoroughly - this is so important to get rid of lumps as any even small lumps will be noticeable in the gnocchi, so make sure your potato mixture is as smooth a texture as possible.
6. Add to the potato mash the first the cheese, then mix in the basil, some more salt and black pepper and then sprinkle over the flour.
7. With a wooden spoon mix the contents together or use your hands, to knead the mixture together for a couple of minutes to make a firm dough.
8. Taking a handfuls of dough roll out into sausages about 1cm (0.5in) thick. Cut the sausages into pieces 2.5cm(1in) long.
9. Gently cook the gnocchi in a pan of simmering water for a minute or two until they rise to the surface. Scoop them out as they rise, toss with the tomato sauce and serve on your plates.
10. Finally mix your herb salad with a little balsamic dressing (optional) to garnish your delicious Home Made Gnocchi and enjoy this simple tasty meal.
Checkout these Easy Chicken Breast ideas