Potato Soup Recipies
Potato Soup Recipies.
This any time meal is a classic winter warmer, this easy potato soup uses a handful of cupboard leftover ingredients to provide substantial and very cheap hearty filling soup.
Ingredients for potato soup recipes.
• 2oz butter.
• 16oz potatoes peeled and diced to small cubes.
• • 2 Med onions, chopped fine.
• • ½ tsp. salt.
• • ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper.
• • 1½ pts. home-made chicken stock or vegetable stock.
• • 4fl oz. creamy milk.
• • 1 tsp. dried mixed herbs.
• • Any fresh herbs chopped for garnish before serving.
You can add any spare veg 2 carrots, leaks or celery.
Preparation method for potato soup recipes.
1. Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan.
2. When it starts to bubble, add the potatoes and onions and mix them in the butter until well coated for three minutes.
. 3. Sprinkle a little of the salt and pepper.
4. Cover with a butter wrapper or paper lid and the lid of the saucepan.
5. Sweat on a gentle heat for approximately 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, bring the stock to the boil.
7. When the vegetables are soft but not coloured add the boiling stock and continue to cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
8. Add the milk. Purée the soup in a hand blender or food processor.
9. Taste and adjust seasoning.
10. Serve sprinkled with a few freshly chopped herbs or some green herb garnish.
11. Serves 4, great with fresh crusty rolls.