Roast Beef Crockpot
Easy delicious slow cooked beef meal
Roast Beef Crockpot. Slow cooked for the tenderest beef, with fresh root vegetables and delicious creamy white wine stock gravy for the tastiest easy and simple but great meal you will love to make time and time again.
• 2 Tbsp. oil.
• 3 to 4 pounds beef roast, rolled rump or sirloin tip.
• 2 cloves of garlic mashed.
• 1 tsp. of seed mustard.
• ¼ tsp. of salt.
• ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper.
• 5 small carrots, chopped.
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce.
• 4 sticks celery, chopped.
• 5 small whole onions.
• 5 potatoes peeled and cut in chunks.
• 1 pint of beef stock.
• 1/2 cup cream fraiche or sour cream mix with 1tbsp of flour and 1 cup of any dry white wine.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Brown roast your beef in the hot oil on all sides then set aside.
Roast the vegetables in the cooked beef oil stirring until they start to brown, and then add them to the stockpot.
Coat the beef with the mixture of the mashed garlic, mustard, salt and pepper then lay it on top of the vegetables.
Add the beef stock to the crockpot without washing off the mixture on the beef.
Secure the Crockpot lid and cook on a low heat for 7 hours, after which check the beef making sure there is plenty of liquid in the crockpot for the gravy, add more water if required.
Add the wine the creame fraiche or sour cream mix in gently to combine before cooking for a further hour.
Serves 6 persons with some left for sandwiches.