Roast Beef Rib
Roast Beef Rib.
- 3kg beef rib, on the bone.
- beef dripping or olive oil.
- 6 chopped carrots cut long.
- 6 chopped parsnips cut long.
- 2 onions, cut into quarters.
- 2 garlic cloves,cut in half.
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs.
- a couple of large sprigs thyme.
- 1 bottle red wine.
- 500ml beef stock from, powder, cubes or fresh.
Directions for easy Beef Rib recipe.
A fantastic recipe for delicious roast beef rib with roasted vegetables - the ultimate Sunday roast meal.
Preparation and cooking times.
Ready in 2 hours 50 mins.
Preheat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7
Season the joint heavily with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, rubbing it into the fat and flesh and then the mixed herbs.
- Into your preheated oven place a large oven roasting tin, with the beef dripping or olive oil when the oil or beef dripping is heated to sizzling, place the beef and sear the meat quickly on all sides, including the ends, until you get a nice dark brown colour then remove the meat cover and set on one side.
- Place the vegetables into a bed on the bottom of the roasting tin with the carrots, parsnips, onions, garlic and thyme and sit the meat on top of these vegetables the flavours of the beef will drip down into the vegetables as the meat cooks.
- Roast for 20 minutes then turn the oven down to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3 and continue to cook for 20 minutes for each 450g of meat for medium to well done or 15 minutes per 450g for rare to medium.
- Take the roast meat out of the tin, wrap it in foil and let it rest on a plate for at least 30 minutes.
- To make your gravy, put the roasting tin over a medium heat, tip in a bottle of a heavy red wine, mixing and scraping the crunchy bits off the bottom of the tin as it reduces.
- Let it continue to simmer and bubble gently until reduced by at least half.
- Add the stock and the juices you have caught on the plate beneath the beef, and then sieve to remove the veg.
Return from this Roast Beef Rib page to Easy Special Health Recipes