Savory Potato Pancakes,Crispy potato Cakes,Veal Herb Sausages with Red Wine Onion sauce
Savory Potato Pancakes, with Veal Herb Sausage.
Ingredients for this Savory Potato Pancakes recipe.
• 50 ml duck fat.
• 8 fat veal and herb sausages.
• 1 med onion, thinly slice.
• 200 ml red wine.
For the Potato cakes or Pancakes:
• 3 med potatoes, cut into chunks. • 2 tbsp milk.
• 2 tbsp plain flour.
• 2 eggs.
• Fresh ground black pepper.
. 1/2tso salt.
• 3 tbsp butter, for frying.
. 1 pinch or 2 chilli powder.
Directions for this savoury Potato Pancake.
. Boil the potatoes until just soft,drain away the water and set aside.
2. Pre-heat your oven to 200°C/ gas 6.
3. Add duck fat in a frying pan and gently fry the sausages for 4-5 minutes, turning until each is golden brown all over.
4. Transfer them to a roasting pan and top with the sliced onion, spooning a little fat to mix the onions.
5. Pour over the red wine, season with a little salt and the freshly ground black pepper and cook in the oven for 25 minutes, stir once or twice during cooking.
6. Take the potatoes and mash them smooth in a large bowl before adding the milk, flour and eggs, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
7. mix to combine thoroughly to prevent lumps, add a little to a surface to prevent sticking then the shape and press your patties/pancakes flat to convenient size for cooking.
8. Heat a little butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and carefully place your potato patties or pancakes into the pan, leaving a little space in between each to allow for them to expand slightly.
9. Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden and almost crisp then turn over each again carefully with a palette knife,and cook until that side is crisp and golden.
10. The sausages can be severed on top of the pancakes then spoon over the red wine and onion sauce the red wine sauce over.