Seafood Paella Recipes
There are many seafood paella recipes this is one of our favorites,almost any type of fish or shellfish can be added to a paella the flavours can vary but there is one rule that is Not to mix smoked or cured fish.
750g clams or mussels, or a mixture of both.
200 g small peeled prawns.
2 fillets of cod or haddock cut into 1/2inch cubes.
75ml dry white wine..
2 cloves garlic,crushed.
1 tbsp olive oil.
1/2 onions, finely chopped.
2 red peppers, cut into small cubes.
2 medium tomatoes, chopped.
200g paella rice.
500ml hot fish stock.
1/2 tsp saffron.
Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
100g frozen peas.
1 tbsp wine vinegar.
Method for Seafood Paella Recipes.
1. Prepare and put the shellfish in a saucepan with the wine and half the garlic, cover and set over a medium heat.
2. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes or until all the shellfish are open. Discard any that don't open.
3. Strain out the shellfish and put aside on a warm plate.
4 Add the fish cubes and prawns the cooking liquid and again bring to simmer and cook for 4 minutes strain out the liquid into a separate container to keep in reserve.
5 Add the fish, prawns and shellfish in the pan, cover, while you prepare the rest of the paella.
6. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the onions and peppers until soft but not coloured (about 5 minutes.)
7. Add the remaining garlic, cook for 1 minute then stir in the tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes to soften slightly.
8 Add the rice and stir well. Add the stock, reserved cooking liquid, saffron and 1/2 tsp salt and set over a medium heat.
9. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat and gently simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. Add in the peas for the last 10 minutes.
11. Adjust the seasoning to taste then,transfer to a warmed dish, top with the shellfish, drizzle over the vinegar and serve.
12. Serves 4 persons.