Simple Vegetarian Recipes
Creamy Onions in Cheese sauce
Simple Vegetarian Recipes,that are tasty and easy to cook.
Classic fried vegetarian recipes,this is one of our easy vegetarian recipes. Creamy Onions in Cheese Sauce with chopped parsley gently fried in butter and finished with a great creamy cheese
INGREDIENTS for this classic vegetarian recipe meal
2 lbs. small pearl onions with skin.
1/2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. all purpose flour
2 cups whole milk
tiny pinch of powdered clove
Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 oz. Gruyere cheese, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. chopped parsley
* Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil.
* Drop in the onions and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
* Drain then peel them.
* Melt the butter in a wide frying.
* Add the flour and mix well.
* Gradually pour in the milk, stirring constantly.
* Bring to boil and season with clove, salt and pepper.
* Add the cheese and allow it to melt, then stir in the parsley.
* Pour over onions and serve.
Try this Delicious Cauliflower Cheese with Golden Baked Cheddar on a bed of Spinach