Top Favourite Chili Chicken Crockpot
Top Favorite Chili Chicken Crockpot
A delicious chicken chili for the slow cooker, made with chicken, beans,herbs and vegetables.
Ingredients for this favorite chili chick crockpot:
* 1 lb chicken, cut up into small chunks (I like to use boneless breasts for their "ease" and lower fat content).
* 1 cup rough chopped onion.
* 1 can (or the equivalent) chicken broth.
* 2 cloves of garlic, chopped finely.
* 3 -15oz cans white butter beans.drained and rinsed.
* 1 or 2 chopped red, green or yellow bell peppers, or combination.
* jalapeno chili peppers, fresh, jarred or canned, optional or to your taste.
In a 4 or 6 quart slow cooker combine the chicken, onions, chicken broth, garlic, cumin and oregano.
Cook on low heat (for about 3-5 hours.
Add drained beans.
Now here is the important part if you don't want mushy chili.
Add the bell peppers and jalapeno peppers at least an hour or hours and a half before serving.
Top each serving with shredded strong flavored cheese and or broken tortilla chips if required for extra taste.